Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Going Canada next semester!

Yay! I managed to get myself to go Canada study next semester! So glad! Actually, getting a chance for an exchange is why I put in so much effort to study for the past 3 semesters! HAHA! Phew, my efforts didn't go to waste and I am happy not to leave regrets in my university life. I am so looking forward to the end of this semester so that I can earn extra cash during summer break and be more financially ready to embark on my exchange which I reckon gotta spend quite a lot during the time I am there.

So there's 9 more weeks before exams commence for this semester. I am taking 6 modules this semester, all graded. This would be my first time taking 6 graded modules. But 2 of them will be open-book, one of which is restricted though, a first time for me too.

The most difficult module would have to be Physical Chemistry with focus on Thermodynamics. But as the going gets tough, the tough gets going; I shall not fear the complexity and persevere and perform to the best of my ability.

After some rough calculation of the debt I will incur by the end of my undergraduate studies, it is estimated to be $47, 000?! Argh, gonna strive to be competent in whatever I may be doing and get decent enough pay to clear my debt.

Had a good time travelling Taipei last December with my colleague. Visited places which I hadn't been before 5 years ago, such as Wu Lai and Rao He Night Market. The cold weather really made me tremble while walking on streets. The rainy weather didn't help. My skin was so dry that it peeled! Nevertheless, it's always fun to go overseas! Taiwan ppl and their food is awesome!

A week later after I came back from Taipei, it's Bangkok time with secondary school clique! It's a shopping paradise! Everything is ridiculously cheap in our standard. A T-shirt for around $7, a pair of shorts for  around $9, Thai massage for $8. This kind of pricing is virtually impossible to find anywhere here in the country whose cost of living ranked 6 in the world. How can anyone not shop and then regret after that? Lol. In addition, the total cost of air ticket and 5D4N accommodation is only $276! Totally the best deal ever! Oh ya, the taxi fare is also really cheap. For a 15-min journey, the metered fare is around $3 only, with 6 passengers in one taxi! It's most likely I will be going back again for more awesome shopping experience! One thing to be cautious is to beware of pickpockets. Encountered one who nearly landed one of us as a victim. Since all of us were vigilant at all times, everything was fine which I was thankful for.

I need tuition assignments!

Money matters. Got to earn enough to repay the debts and enjoy a decent quality of life. Without it, I personally feel one should not get married or bear children. No point letting the future generation suffer.  Hmmm...a rather pessimistic though huh... Oh well~

No comments: