Sunday, July 19, 2009

SOC

Not again! Silver for IPPT. What's next? Simple, wait for the next IPPT to be conducted next month.
It was a stressful one, indeed, with the remedial trainings scheduled on Saturday for those who didn't manage to attain at least a Silver. Such a great relief it was for me when I had, somehow, jumped 234cm for SBJ. I knew that, following which, 2.4km run was the only factor to decide if I still need to take IPPT at all for the rest of the year, which I have not yet able to be excused from. Improvement, personally, is the more important part in every IPPT that I take. I'm glad that I have improved 18 seconds from my previous timing for the run. Still a long way to 9:44 (~40 secs) but if some people had proven that almost 1 minute of improvement is not impossible, there's always chance and hope to achieve what you want. The critical thing is to maintain, at least, a Silver so that I would have one less worry.

SOC - my current nightmare. The actual test is at the end of the month and my best timing is still about 46 seconds behind the passing timing. Have to pace myself for my first run-down or fatigue will overpower my body. Of course, clearing the obstacles must be fast too.

Recently, I am becoming to be a wastrel. Normally, I wouldn't withdraw $ from my account as I would wait till my parents give me some allowance before I would then decide what I want to spend on. No worries for I have figured out the "culprit" behind this - the Great Singapore Sale, which will end by 260709. After this date, I am indubitably certain that I will not withdraw $ so frequently anymore. =]

I have decided that I am going to learn to play some instruments myself - autodidact, that is. What kind of instrument? I haven't decided yet but I am sure I will and can do this. =)

Library is where I have been going to frequently every weekend. There're so many books I want to read, and so much knowledge awaiting me to discover myself. What a fulfilling and wonderful way of spending my free time yeah =p Am craving for more ... busy reading

Back to what I am doing - conscription, outfield will be soon and how I wish I can get it over and done with. Not that I really mind about the stickiness and dirtiness my body would experience but I hate the troubles and inconveniences that I have to put up with, inter alia, setting up of sleeping area, moving about in the dark and using of latrine.

475 days to the three-letter word every NSF is looking forward to (and every regular not giving a damn to) ! =)'

No comments: