Tuesday, July 01, 2008

happiness

What defines happiness?
It's not just a state of contentment or satisfaction for your current life, nor is it just when things are good, but is when they are getting better.

Sometimes I am really a cynic, with a cynical view (duh!) that life is prolonged misery interrupted by brief moments of happiness. Till now, I can't seem to agree to disagree. Much as I desire happiness, it becomes an impossible tasks, considering the fact the there are numerous voids gradually expanding in my heart. Anyway, intense happiness is just a transient, fleeting sensation, which I thought was akin to the reaction intermediate in a multi-step reaction mechanism (learnt in Chemistry -.-) that cannot be isolated, and will cease to exist after a brief moment of time.

Sigh, with those poignant memories creeping into my mind every now and then, life seems to become an even more arduous undertaking.

Face it, life is never a bed of roses.
And I have to concede that this fact of life is indeed saddening.

No comments: