Wednesday, March 07, 2007

first day in NYJC

Today woke up at 5.21 a.m. just to want to reach NYJC early. However, I was still late by 10 minutes, but no one bothered whether I was late or not. phew~

I took a bus to Lakeside MRT station, then take till Bishan MRT station. After that, I took a bus no. 58 and finally reach NYJC. The whole journey took 1 h 30 min!

First day in NYJC was good to me. The school environment is very conducive for studying. The teachers are approchable. The principal is somewhat humorous, and he is so much better than the principal in the JC which I have been posted to during PAE. =P

We registered our subject combination online today. I've chosen H2 Chinese Language & Literature, H2 Biology, H2 Math and H2 either Physics or Chemistry. The other 3 are H1 General Paper, H1 Project Work and H1 Chinese.

There's CCA Bazaar during the afternoon and I've signed up for Channel News Nanyang and Photographic Society.

This is what I have to do for the next 2 years: Wake up at 5.03 a.m. every morning (during weekdays of course) and get ready by 5.35 a.m. to take the first bus of bus no. 154. I'll then alight at Clementi MRT station and transfer to bus no. 105 which will bring me to NYJC. The whole journey takes around 1 h 15 min. But hope there is only few people taking the bus that early and that the bus driver would drive faster so that I can reach school earlier... And, of course, I will reverse the process to go back home.

Tomorrow is the official start of Orientation 2. Maybe I'll blog about the orientation 2 at a later date. =)

No comments: