Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Arena

Happy Valentine's Day! =D

Watched The Arena yesterday. Hwa Chong Institution was debating with CHIJ Katong Convent. I'm not really sure about the motion but it was something like "Preventing youths from exposure to sex will lead to social problems". The winner is Hwa Chong Institution. I had expected the result to be such jugding not from my preconceptions about the schools but from the performances of both teams. Indeed, HCI deserves to win the debate because the boys spoke fluently, confidently, assertively, and they used a wide range of vocabulary and their sentence structures were correct. However, I do not deny that CHIJ KC did give HCI "an easy time" as commented by one of the judges. Overall, I think it is the HCI's team spirit and their ability to bring across new ideas about the motion substantiated with concrete examples that impress the judges, as well as the viewers, and thus they won the debate! I do have alot to learn from the HCI and hope that I could be like them one day...

I've submitted my JAE application yesterday le.
1. Nanyang JC (Science)
2. Temasek JC (Science)
3. Anglo-Chinese JC (Science)
4. Anderson JC (Science)
5. St. Andrews JC (Science)
6. Jurong JC (Science)
No. 7 to No. 12 are all Polytechnic courses which I can't remember.. haha

Posting result will be released on 6th Mar. =/ Dunno where I'll posted to~~~

Tomorrow need to go school. Friday I'll be leaving to KL till some day next week.

Happy Chinese New Year to all!!! =)

No comments: