Sunday, November 19, 2006

shopping

Tired~ Just came back from Jurong Point where my mum, sis and me went shopping! =p Had been walking for many hours and my legs are now having their rest. lolx.

Currently, I'm reading a book "Notes from an even Smaller Island" by Neil Humphreys. This book is about how Neil perceived Singapore when he flew here from England. It is a funny book which suggested some blatant prejudices against some unique characteristics as well as the idiosyncracies of Singaporeans such as 'kiasuism' and that Singaporeans are generally shorter than Englishmen which cause him some inconveniences, and all the things he found 'strange' about 'aunties' and 'uncles'. He wrote this book first as a outsider, then as an insider, thus he actually managed to portray some funny facts about Singaporeans. I feel that he is actually talking to me directly about his experiences in Singapore and I feel that I am 'involved' in this book. Haha. It's a good book to read during my holidays!

Alright, nothing much le...shall stop here then. Byeeeee. (:

No comments: