Monday, July 10, 2006

juz after oral

Oh Yes!! My Chinese 'O' Level Oral Exam has just ended!!! I'm the third of the list, you may imagine how nervous I was then when I was waiting. However, the reality is on the contrary - I did not feel that nervous as I thought I would be. I tried calming myself down during the 5 minutes when I was practising the passage, which was about Orchard Road for your information-nothing interesting to me. After the 5 minutes, I was told to sit at a chair before the examination tables where a person was then taking the oral exam before me. I tried keeping my mind blank, not to think of anything - the best way to stay calm and relax myself, in my opinion. Finally, the crucial moment arrived when I was told to walk over to the examination table to take my O Level Chinese Oral Examination 2006. I walked steadily towards the tables, tried hard to smile, greeted politely to the teachers, handed over my EZ Link to the examiner, and finally sat down in my most comfortable way. I started reading the passage aloud. Everything was going on smoothly to me, but, at the very last second line, where there was written: xiao huo zi, I read: xiao xiao huo zi! Oh my goodness, how can I make such a stupid mistake?! Should there be without that mistake, I would think that I have read the passage up to my fullest satisfaction. In order not to show my mistake that obvious, I pretended, or should I say that I treated nothing wrong had happened. I think that should be the way things should be done just to cover up what you have done wrong in oral.

After that, it was the conversation part. The question is: Some people say that the youngs nowadays like to seek materialistic satisfaction. Do you agree? My response started with: Basically, I agree with the statement, bla bla bla... Overall, I think that I managed to express my views across, but just that I thought of a few more points that I can very well elaborate if I thought of that during the conversation only after I left the examination tables. It's such a waste! I wonder how I will score. Anyway, what I can say is that Oral is already over for me! There's still a last paper for Chinese, the Listening Comprehension next Monday (17 July). Hope I listen correctly!

Phew, Chinese Oral is over-a big barrier to me is now over. The next BIG thing shall be 'O' Level Englsh Oral Examination!

No comments: