Saturday, November 08, 2008

after 1 week of A level

I remember I wrote "Dream big" as the last 2 words in my GP P1. For those who are having A level this year, you should know which question I did. Thinking back, I thought I was rather hypocritical, and perhaps stereotypical. Seriously, how important really is dreams in today's context, especially when we are all living in a rat race society? I need some enlightenment. But for exam sake, I wrote as an optimistic writer about this world, convincing the examiners, as well as myself, that though the world today is becoming increasingly complicated, dreams are nonetheless important for dreams give us the much needed motivation, and that nothing great had ever been achieved without bold dreams. Hmmm...

Pure math was rather difficult while statistics was okay. I just felt glad that I've managed to solve the triangle question using cosine formula after thinking real hard, a question which was supposedly easy but many people either didn't recall cosine formula or couldn't link both binomial and Maclaurin's expansion to solving it.

Bio P2 was tough! So tough that I spent more time than given thinking what the answer should be that I didn't manage to complete the paper - I left a 2-mark suggest-type question blank. I thought that the standard was prelim standard, if not higher. And I realised that school papers were so much easier in comparison. I think the difference was school papers were easy to do but hard to score, while A level was hard to do, needless to mention if one could score easily. It really made you crack your brain that you probably prefer to run 2.4km, rather than feeling breathless in a well-ventilated air-con hall. Must really do well for P3...no choice...

Chem P3 was okay, at least is wasn't as difficult as the other papers so far. I only have myself to blame for committing stupid careless mistakes, and perhaps changed to doing question 1 in the last 20 min after I couldn't get a logical H:C ratio in question 2. Anyway, there's no point dwelling in too much since they're already OVER. It's wiser and better to prepare for future papers... jia you!

PS: 十兄弟 is a nice show! Channel 8 7pm weekdays. haha

No comments: