Friday, July 27, 2007

1 wk after i'm sick

it's another friday. fall sick last week, with a record high fever for me of 39.3 degree Celsius. I was really feeling awful. My head was spinning, with the high amount of heat in my body. I even imagined that my enzymes are reacting at a slower rate than usual since they are in a condition not in their optimum state. I even thought about if my brain would be too 'hot' such that I may become retarded soon. Well, you don't think properly and will start to imagine things when you have a high fever and bad headache. Wanna thank my family members who have cared and taken care of me meticulously when i was really sick and suffering so much of the pain. =)

Gotten back my mid-year result slip. Quite satisfied but definitely want to be even better =] hope my wish come true :)

Helped out in the Translation Competition held by our college, which will bbe tomorrow. The Chinese Department organized it and all taking H2 CLL are to help out either as ushers, receptionists, back-stage/logistics, emcees or hosts. My role is to press a device to show the marks scored by the participants. cool! lolx...

Have to move 6 tables from canteen to outside of LT4. That's quite a walking distance and a long flight of steps. Me and Jun Jie were the only 2 guys left to carry them as the other 2 had things to attend to. It was near 7pm and the teachers were very caring and nice to us. As it was parent-meeting session tonight, they were busy and left this job to us. They let us have the free food provided primarily for the parents and those night-studying students. and they ensured that we have enough food by serving us! not only that, the teacher gave us serviettes and treat us a can of chrysanthemum drink each! wah, touched by her. thank you, teacher! Well, working with the Chinese Department teachers for two rehearsals sessions made me think that all the chinese teachers are really nice. glad and fortunate to have the batch of nice teachers in the college. =]

About the carrying 6 tables with Jun Jie, there's a small part where it is really hilarious. As we are almost zonked out carrying those tables, which are indeed heavy, we tried different methods carrying the tables and experimented out which method required the least energy, or seemed to us that less energy is required. We tried one way, suggested by Jun Jie, that instead of carrying the tables in the conventional way (which is one carry one breadth of the table while the other person carry the other breadth), we tried carrying the lengths. So it's like we are carrying and walking sideways, with out heads turning 90 degrees to look at the front while carrying the table. I felt it was really a strange method of carrying a table as i never see anybody carried a table the way like ours. I expressed to Jun Jie the strangeness I felt but can't really describe what is the strange as, after all, it's just a new or unconventional way of carrying a table. Jun Jie felt strange too and he described it as if we are dancing Tango! HAHAHA! That was really the right description man! carrying a table, walking sideway and with our heads turning 90 degrees... it just like we are dancing tango! I laughed, and cannot stop for a while. it's really a funny description or analogy. LOL!

Finished watching latest episodes of naruto: shippuden and huan huan ai (:
Reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Gonna start reading the chapter on The Wedding soon~

Hope my weekends will be fruitful and will use it wisely! lol... xp

No comments: